My first blog award! I’m flattered that I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Beverly McGowan Norman of Roots, Branches, and a Few Nuts.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
- Share Seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
- Contact your bloggers to let them know that you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
Villmols merci, danke schön, merci beaucoup, thank you Beverly McGowan Norman of Roots, Branches, and a Few Nuts.
Seven things about me
- Most of the time I speak only Luxembourgish, write in English, watch (listen to) German TV, and read French and German as fluently/fast as English.
- I’ve logged in 5,116 kilometers (3,179 miles) on my racing bike since the beginning of the year. That’s 183 hours in the sattle! I do this to stay healthy and share a hobby with my husband.
- I have over 75 cookbooks. I enjoy planning and preparing 4-5 course meals. Secret to success is use the same plan several times during the year just as long as the guests are not the same!
- I’d have done anything to get out of physical education class in school. I’ve never been an athletic person. They put me out in right field (spot for the less talented) when my Dad talked me into joining the softball team when I was about 13. (See #2)
- I went to 7 schools in 4 different countries in 13 years.
- I love reading. I finally got a Kindle last year and it is packed with free books. As long as it is well written and interesting, I’ll read it. And the not so well written teach me not to make the same mistakes!
- I was a stay-at-home Mom for my two children. People did not understand how I could do such a boring thing. I get the greatest compliments about my children and it was worth it. It wasn’t boring and when they grew more independent I found more and more time for my family history.
15 Bloggers I Admire
I thought this is going to be easy but it didn’t turn out that way. I’m a new blogger and blog follower. Several are German blogs that are really worth looking into. I’m always waiting for Friday to come around for Jana and Julie’s blogs. Several of these have already been nominated by other bloggers. I didn’t see a rule about double or triple nominations so here it goes, in no particular order.
- The eLuceydator by Dave Lucey
- Jana’s Genealogy and Family History Blog by Jana Last
- Barbara Schmidt by Barbara Schmidt
- TheGenealogyGirl by Amberly
- Genealogy with Valerie by Valerie Hughes
- Julie’s Genealogy and History Hub by Julie Cahill Tarr
- Heart of a Southern Woman by Helen Youngblood Holshouser
- starryblackness by Lynne Black
- Vorfahrensucher by Karen Biesfeld
- Ahnenvorschung in OWL by Angela Schwentker
- We’re All Relative by Cynthia Berryman
- A Southern Sleuth by Michelle Ganus Taggart
- Bernfeld Family of Galicia & More by Rose Bernfeld’s great-granddaughter – this blog has some beautiful photos and my favorite is the header photo!
- DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy by Roberta Estes
- Michigan Family Trails by Diane Gould Hall
I will be contacting the fifteen bloggers on my list, unless they see this post and contact me first.
Thanks again Beverly for the nomination! I’m flattered!
© 2014 Cathy Meder-Dempsey