This is an “identified” photograph but not dated. Lon Hopwood is written on the back. There is no photographer’s name. The location the photo was taken cannot be determined nor where this person was from.
- wide-rimmed slouch (perhaps wool felt) hat tilted to side with what looks like a rounded crown (no pinch or dent seen, maybe due to the angle worn)
- wide lapels on jacket perhaps loose fit
- single breasted vest fitted close to the throat showing only the knot of the tie
- stiff white collar shirt, length of the collar tips is hidden in the vest
- clean shaved, no sideburns, short haircut
I have not found anyone with the Hopwood surname in connection with other persons found in this collection. Without an approximate time period for when the photo was taken, or when Mr. Hopwood may have been born, I will refrain from searching for possible records.
For all I know a Hopwood researcher may recognize the name and get in touch. Wishful thinking on my part?
More about this collection, how it came to be in my possession,
and links to previous posts in the series can be found here.
© 2016 Cathy Meder-Dempsey